Adult Training – get involved
Clwyd Training – How to get involved
Please arrive 10 minutes before the start time to allow time to settle in. The end times are approximate, every effort will be made to finish the session by that time and in some cases the session will finish earlier.
Clwyd Area Scout Council are now providing modular training free of charge. There will be an administration charge of £5 for applicants coming from outside Clwyd Area. (There will be a small charge for weekend module 38). For full day courses you will need to bring a packed lunch. Uniform is not required.
Please book for all courses as early as possible. It is essential that you let me know if you are coming so that resource material will be available for you. It is also essential that you let me know if you cannot attend after booking your place.
Please remember it is the Learner’s responsibility to complete training within the prescribed time limit.
1. RECRUITMENT A new adult is recruited into Scouting and agrees a Job Description. The job description will underline what commitment is required regarding training.
2. TRAINING ADVISOR The new adult will be allocated a Training Advisor (TA). This person will guide the new adult through the process of training.
3. STAGES OF TRAINING Within 5 months of appointment, the new adult should complete ‘Getting Started’ which consists of Modules 1, 2 and 3. Within 3 years they should have completed the next stage of their training and be awarded the Wood Badge. There then follows a commitment to Ongoing Training of a few hours a year.
4. MODULES AND VALIDATION Module 2 is the Personal Learning Plan. The new adult will sit down with their TA and put together a plan of what training they need to do. There may be some Modules where the new adult can move straight to validation without attending a course. Validation checks that the adult has the knowledge covered by the Module. The TA will complete the validation with the new adult and the Module will be signed off.
5. COURSES There will be several Modules which the new adult will need to attend a course for. Keep a look out on clwydscouts.org.uk/training and in Hotliner for details of courses. Remember to check both the Area calendar and also the calendar for your District. Once the adult has attended the course, they can be validated by their TA.
6. BOOKING Please book for all courses as early as possible. It is essential that you let me know if you are coming so that resource material will be available for you. Closing date for all modules (with the exception of 10 and 38) is 10 days before the course. We cannot guarantee a place for any request to attend a course if received after the closing date. It is also essential that you let me know if you cannot attend after booking your place.
7. PAYMENT Adult Training for Clwyd Scouts is free of charge, though there is a cost for the Nights Away Module to cover food, camp fees etc.
8. REGULAR Modules will be repeated throughout the year on different days.
9. WHAT TO BRING Bring pen and paper to take notes. Uniform is not necessary, but activity wear is usual, and something warm is needed in cold weather. Bring a packed lunch if the course is all day. Refreshments are provided.
10. QUESTIONS please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org