Following on from the briefings we gave to Group Scout Leaders and District Teams, below are a list of resources which we promised following those meetings.
If you are a Group Scout Leader or District Team member who did not attend a briefing, please see the recording below and get in touch if you have any questions.
- Powerpoint slide deck (PDF version)
XMA Ltd – predominantly an IT and Print solution re-seller to public and private sectors across the UK – are providing laptops at less than cost price.
So far, they have managed to help over 400 charities, councils, schools, and other organisations with this initiative. As part of their Corporate and Social Responsibility, they are supplying part-funded laptops to anyone where there would be a social value or benefit though their digital poverty mission to “Connect The UK”.
The Tactus Geobook laptops are in stock and come fully loaded with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Education, a 2-year warranty and are discounted to just £84 per device. They are also offering HP Chromebooks with Chrome OS and 1-year manufacturer’s warranty at just £99.60 per device.
Pete Jones, Group Scout Leader of 1st Esclusham, has purchased 3 laptops for his Group (pictured above) – one for him, one for the Team member who manages OSM and one for the Group Treasurer, and he highly recommends them.
- Executive Committees change to Trustee Boards ✅
- Briefing meetings for Chairs ✅
- Click here for more information for Executive Committee Members
- Start working in teams ✅
- Share Our Volunteering Culture
- Briefing meeting for District and Area Teams ✅
- Clwyd Reunion – we’ll be there all weekend to answer your questions ✅
- Briefing meetings for Group Scout Leaders ✅
- Work with Districts and Area to create new Teams ✅
- Discussions with those with roles which don’t map automatically across ✅
- Continue planning ✅
- Continue cleaning up Compass data ✅
- Continue ensuring training validated and recorded on Compass ✅
- Group Transformation sessions supported by Transformation Team ✅
- Agree structure of Area and District Teams ✅
- Let people know which Teams they will be part of
- Group Scout Leader Q&A Zoom sessions
- Learning mapped across to new system
- Transition to new system
- Compass switched off
- New system switched on
- Current roles mapped across to Teams