Cae Llwyd is situated 4 miles southwest of Wrexham and at an altitude of 300 metres. Its OS grid reference is SJ 2682 4807. Click here for a map
It is a greenfield site adjacent to a reservoir and adjoins the open moor land of Ruabon Mountain. It is ideal for back to basics camping, wilderness camps and as an overnight stop for D of E expeditions.
Cae Llwyd has the following facilities:
- Water tap
- Campfire circle
- Chemical toilet disposal point
- Reservoir for canoeing, sailing and rafting.
Being located near the towns of Wrexham and Llangollen, there are numerous activities nearby. These include…
- Outdoor climbing/abseiling
- Indoor climbing
- Water Activities
- Valle Crucis Abbey and Castell Dinas Bran
- Llangollen canal and the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct
- Llangollen International Eisteddfod
- Foothills of Wales
- City of Chester
Contact Wrexham Tourist Information Centre, Lambpit Street, Wrexham on 01978 292015 for more details.
For all booking enquires, please contact…
Pricing: 75p per person per night, £1 per boat per day.